Currently I’m working on a couple of projects, & freelancing for some agencies I like on a per-project basis. hmu if you’d like to chat with me about your new website / internet life / fave artist: email@example.com
I make design & code (& other things).
I work a lot in the arts and for small businesses and NGOs. I’ve made websites for artists of all types, literary awards, translation agencies, vehicles manufacturers, engineering firms, and a wide variety of projects in agencies.
My aim is to simplify and demystify the whole process of building, designing, using, and maintaining a website for people, organisations, and companies who want to be responsible for and have full, uncomplicated control over their website.
I provide consulting and advice on all aspects of design and development, performance and security, localisation, and general webserver and hosting support.
- Inclusive design is the first thing.
- Things I care about: Intersectionality, Accessibility, Usability, Aesthetics, Performance.
- I’m good anywhere in the LAMP & CSS/JS/HTML stacks.
Things I’m solid in:
- a11y. Yup, small word for big subject and for me accessibility includes responsive design, semantic HTML, UX & UI, typography & webfonts, image, video, and media management, structured data, pretty much everything I do comes back to this.
- .htaccess, SSH, caching & performance, opcache, security, HTTPS & HSTS, Let’s Encrypt
- GRPR / DSVGO, Strong Customer Authentication (SCA), privacy and customer protection
- Apache server setup, Linux VM setup, webhosting setup & management, consulting, content management
- Also: photography, image editing, &
Photoshop(I use Panasonic and Canon); video, camera, editing, & Final Cut Pro X; and pretty much anything in MacOS
WordPress & adjacent stuff I write and / or use on the regular:
- functions, plugins, and theme development, Advanced Custom Fields, WP REST API & AJAX, WPML, WooCommerce, MediaElement.js, DataTables, WP-CLI, NextCloud, Laravel
I live in Berlin. Other cities with the letters ‘b’, ‘r’, ‘e’, and/or ‘l’ also may be attractive to me, as are forests, mountains, big oceans. Most interesting stuff is on my blog, supernaut